Monday 23 September 2024

Book Review - Dear Ana

Book Title: Dear Ana
Author: I.I.E
Pages: 429

Summary:

When twenty-five-year-old Maya Ibrahim goes to the cemetery on the anniversary of her accident, it’s not so she can pay her respects to the dead girl that saved her life–it’s so she can finally take back the future she was robbed of ten years ago. Seconds before she can successfully carve her fate, Maya gets interrupted by Noah Davidson, and after a rocky first impression, they form an unlikely friendship. 

Alternating between her present, and the letters she wrote detailing the painful consequences of her survival, Dear Ana follows Maya as she tries to overcome her past and find herself again amidst all the chaos. Will she continue to hide her scars, or will she be honest and tell Noah that the heart of the girl he once loved is still beating… but in Maya instead?


Book Review:

"𝑰’𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏 𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕"

Lords! There are no words, absolutely. Beautiful amidst tragedy. I tried to mark some lines I thought were beautiful, but how can I tab every page? I suppose I'll just have to reread it over and over until I memorize it, there's no way out. 

For a book that focuses so much on death and oblivion, it sure is life-affirming. It was everything at once, making it that much more beautiful and difficult to read.

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒆, 𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒂. 𝑵𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇, 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖"

The writing style of the author is beyond exquisite. Its the kind of story that I know will stay with me forever, i mean it. Planning to re-read it asap. 

If anything I'd be more scared of the fact that I probably cried for about 80% of this book and once I finished I sobbed for about an hour, can't help. 

“𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕. 𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔.”

Rating : 10/10 


No comments:

Post a Comment

He Spoke After Ten Years - Book Review

Title: He Spoke After Ten Years Author : Apurva Mathur Pages : 260 Publisher : Notion Press Blurb: Mumbai. 2021. An ordinary man...