Monday 27 May 2024

Question & Answer Session With Author Katrina Zari

 Question & Answer Session With Author Katrina Zari 

(Author of Warriors of Mirral Series)




Thank you for allowing me to ask you these questions, Katrina, Warriors of Mirral is one of my favorite series so far of 2024. Katrina kindly answered some questions I posed to her via email.  I’m very excited to share her Q&A with you today.


1. Introduce yourself please

Hello, amazing readers. My name is Katrina Zari. I was born in the Soviet Union but have lived in the United States for the last twenty years.


2. How long have you been writing stories? 

I am what you can call – a newbie. I’ve only started writing a bit more than a year ago. Even though I’ve writing stories in my head for all my life, it took me a long time to try and put transitions those tales onto the paper.


3. How many books have you written. 

I have written and published three books which all belong to one series “Warriors of Mirral”


4. Out of these three books, which is your relatable character? 

To be honest, even before I published my books, I was constantly fantasizing and creating stories in my head.  And of course, in my fantasies I had a “strong female character” which I was associating myself with.  So, it would only be right to say that Alissa, being my first “creation” is the most relatable for me.


 5. If you could meet your characters what would you like to say? 

Oh, I already meet all my characters. If fact I talk to them all the time, especially when I write about their adventures.  And I always say to them: “I’m sorry from dragging you through so much and put all that pressure on you. But I just know that you are strong and undefeatable, so I have no doubt you’d overcome any obstacles on your way.”


 6. What is your favorite snack/ Drinks while writing? 

I am an absolute tea junkie! I drink gallons of green or herbal tea every day and wouldn’t survive without my mug of a hot beverage.


7. How long did it take for you to complete writing a single book? 

It took me about two months to complete the first draft. Then another month for internal revisions and another month or two for the editor’s work.


 8. What inspires you to create parallel world and fantasy stories? 

When I was growing up, I spent all my free time in the libraries, reading all kinds of fiction. Needless to say, science fiction was by far my favorite genre. The whole idea of things that differ from our mundane lives always exited me. I could be a fantasy world with magic and brave knights or a space opera and flying among the stars, but the element of “what if” was always my driver.


9. How often do you experience the writer's block and how to you get over it? 

Because I started writing novels for my own amusement, and I had most of the ideas already set in my head, I haven’t experienced the writer’s block until recently. 

After I finished the third book that was supposed to be a final installment for the series, I thought I would take a small break. And immediately I’ve heard from several readers that they would like to read another story, a continuation, and an expanse of the fantastical universe I’ve created.

And when I started thinking about it and gathering ideas in my head, I realized that it could be troublesome, especially when you want to connect with an existing storyline. So, I’ve yet to learn how to work through that, but I’m doing my best.


10. What's the one thing that you want to share with your readers? 

I believe the fact that English is not my native language adds a bit of uniqueness to my writing style. I really hope the readers will find my stories both interesting and engaging.


Thanks for a wonderful interview Katrina, and good luck!


Follow her on socials,

Katrina's Instagram ID

Katrina's Website

Katrina's Facebook ID











No comments:

Post a Comment

He Spoke After Ten Years - Book Review

Title: He Spoke After Ten Years Author : Apurva Mathur Pages : 260 Publisher : Notion Press Blurb: Mumbai. 2021. An ordinary man...