Friday 19 April 2024

Q/ A Session #1

Question/ Answer Session with M.H.Cali
Q : Please Introduce Yourself, 

A:
I am M.H. Cali. Writing has always been my creative outlet for as long as I can remember. I’m a neuroscientist by trade, but decided to pursue where my writing could take me and share my stories. If they are fun to write for me, maybe they can also connect with other people! 

The world around us, the people inhabiting it, the events unfolding, nature, science, music, art, are all incredible sources of inspiration for me. Sometimes tales take hold in my brain and when they do, I sit down to write them. I have to. I write character-driven suspenses, thrillers, mysteries, action, and sci-fi stories that mostly always have a romance aspect to them (and spice!) because I love exploring the intensities as well as complexities of human relationships.


1. What helped you or motivates you to write your recently released book Entropy series? 

Honestly, the whole Entropy plot just formed in my mind slowly and as I mentioned previously; I had to write it. If I had to pinpoint a reason why, I would say that it was probably inspired by how I feel about society and where we are all going as humans somehow. Everything seems interconnected in our world nowadays, everything goes fast, everyone wants to become someone and fit some kind of ideal of success. But in the end of this never ending race, the human connections we made along the way are the most precious things. 

2. Who's your favorite character in your book? 

It’s like asking a parent to pick a favorite child! That’s not fair! In all transparency, I love them all, and I’m not even kidding saying that. They are all incredible for different reasons. Lucas for his constant desire to do better despite his stubbornness, Raven for her fierceness and standing tall to stay true to her ideals, Jun for being such a badass entrepreneur who everyone would love on their side, Mark for just being the voice of reason and such a good friend, Felipe with all his flaws and erratic behavior, and I could continue on and on haha. They were all super fun to write!

3. Does anyone close to you read your book? What's their thought? 

Yes. Some of my close friends and besties did. I was terrified while they were reading it because I sometimes second-guess my writing, and I know they’ll always be honest with me. We have a clear no bs policy. But they loved it, and I was genuinely honored they did. It meant the world.

4. What book did you grow up reading? 

I grew up reading a lot of different genres. From comics to novels, and I do think it forged the writer I am today who tackles both. I love sequential storytelling as much as I love prose. In my teens I read a lot of murder mysteries, romances, and sci-fi along with graphic novels and quickly expanded my horizons from there. In my adult life now I read whatever sounds appealing to me when I read the synopsis whether it’s horror, romance, fantasy, thriller, anything. To me, a good story is a good story no matter the genre.

5. After reading your book, I'm thrilled to share this thought with you, Raven absolutely felt real for me. What's your experience creating such a character? 

First off, thank you! I’m glad you found Raven real. I would say that she’s as real as it gets to me as well. I don’t know exactly how my brain creates characters, I’ve never analyzed it. They are never inspired from someone specific, but I always strive to have them be as close to human complexities as they can get.

6. As an author, do you ever feel like giving up? 

It can get tough out there, but I always remind myself that I write stories and scripts that I love. That I connect to. The fact that it can also potentially connect with other people is the cherry on top. I couldn’t stop writing if I wanted to because it’s an integral part of me. Sometimes I have ideas, sometimes I don’t and I won’t force an idea. So I stay true to myself and take it one day at a time.

7. How long have you been writing, how much time it took for you to create such a heartwarming story? 

Thank you again for the kind words about my writing, and my stories. I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. For as long as I have been able to at least. First poems and then short stories, and etc. Creating the Entropy Series from idea to developing it fully to have the blueprint of it took not very long, maybe two weeks. I’m now finalizing writing the third and final book of it. By the time I’m done writing that one it will have been about a year and a half writing that series. That’s usually what it takes me to write a series. Scripts way shorter than that, and standalones between six to eight months.

8. How did you come up with the book title? 

In any of my works, the book title has a broad meaning, but also a finer one within the story itself. Balancing Entropy was no different. It came up naturally very early in the process with the threads and themes of the book. Since I knew where I was going and what would happen, that title was making the most sense, and it appeared in my head, just like Breaking Patterns for the sequel and Blossoming Infinities for the final installation :)

9. Finally, what's the one thing that you want to share with your readers?

I wish to continue to share my love of storytelling in all its forms with readers who are willing to give my works a chance! 

The Entropy Series,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Schizo - Book Review

Schizo   (Psychological thriller)  Authors : Aditya Mishra & Arya Shukla Pages : 177 "His mind remained entangled in th...