Tuesday 13 February 2024

Kiss Me With Your Doe Eyes - Book Review

Book Title : Kiss me with your Doe Eyes

Author : Monica Sahu

Page count: 158

Book Description:

It's been a while since the neighborhood singles have played a friendly match of basketball. The team is dwindling as the players pick courtship over the gray, concrete court. Instead of going on a date and spending my day off like everyone else, I'm baking cupcakes for myself and my newly single best friend. 

My business partner keeps asking me to make a batch of my special recipe, for our cafe. But, I'm not sure if my "hangover-cure cupcakes" will be accepted by our clientele. Moreover, there's so much more to focus on. I need to hire a new intern. I need to find a satellite kitchen for our holiday pre-orders. And, most importantly, I need to politely ignore my dreamy business partner who makes everyone want to bite into his buns.


Review:

"𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥, 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐬. 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐰𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐞, 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐮𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰  𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞"

This was one of those books that pulls you in before you even realize it's happened. It seems fitting, almost, given the trajectory and plot of the book, and the recurring theme of the small town vibes, taking hold of you and not letting you go. This book is a charming mix of romance, small-town  living, and a passionate protagonist with a tinge of thriller. Finished this book in one go without putting it down.

"𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘩𝘰𝘸, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘧𝘦, 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘳𝘩𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘮 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘬𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘯. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳."

There were parts that made me smile, laugh out loud, and sad parts which tugged at the few heartstrings I have left. I became fully invested in these characters, including all of the side characters. 


The only issue that I had with this book is, it  was like I was in the middle of something, like maybe I missed some introduction and it made me feel like part of this was a bit of confusion for me in some of the plot. And later came to know that it's a part of a book in a series. I need to cover the previous two books to know more about this. I really loved the story and the flow other than the above issue was well done.

"𝘐 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴. 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘴, 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦. 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦"

Most importantly found my new fictional boyfriend here, J. Honestly this book kinda snuck up on me. The story itself was intriguing with some mystery elements and I kept turning the pages to see what happened next!  I will definitely recommend it! Looking forward to the author's next story, I really hope there's a sequel.

Rating : 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Schizo - Book Review

Schizo   (Psychological thriller)  Authors : Aditya Mishra & Arya Shukla Pages : 177 "His mind remained entangled in th...