Sunday 14 January 2024

Vacancy By Linda Kage

Book Title : Vacancy 
Author : Linda Kage
Page count: 471 

Book Description:

How do you rent a room from a ghost without even knowing it?

This year was supposed to be different because Oaklynn had a plan.

Stop partying.
Stay away from guys.
Focus on classes.
Graduate!

All she needed to do was find a place to stay near campus, and she’d be set. But when she finds the perfect room to rent, it brings the mysterious Damien into her life.

Her friend tries to warn her that he’s dangerous. He has secrets and darkness in his eyes. But the only danger Oaklynn can tell that he poses is to her attention. He’s all she can think about. Except, he’s hiding something, and when the truth comes out that her new roommate was murdered…a decade ago…nothing will ever be the same again.

So yeah, this year will definitely be different.


Review: 

" 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙣’𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙛𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢.” 

What did I read just now??? This book is mind blowing! I read it in one sitting. This book has dual POV focuses on separate aspects of both the main lead, Damien and Oaklynn. I fell in love almost immediately with Oaklynn's energy spirit. There are some secondary characters who also have distinct personalities, and I hope to know more about Damien's friends. Author gave equal importance to secondary characters as well when it comes to character development. I really liked Thalia at the beginning, I thought I would get to know more about her too. But the twist also spiced up the novel. 

" 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙄 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩, 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙄’𝙢 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙮 𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙚𝙭𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝙄 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙮 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙩𝙨.” 

The writing is too good which makes this book unputdownable and also occasionally funny and entertaining. The tension between Damien and Oaklynn is good to read, and I still can't get over them. There's a lot of romance and unexpected events so basically it never gets boring or cliche. Also there's some bit of humor too. 

"𝑻𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒂’𝒔 𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍 𝒅𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒅. “𝑯𝒊…𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒂,” 𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒂 𝒔𝒖𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒂𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒗𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆. “𝑰 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖"

I laughed so hard and I cried for a couple moments but never a dull moment. It had everything I hoped for and more. I never expected myself to be so invested in this book, and definitely will be waiting for the next book in this series. 

Rating: 10/10



No comments:

Post a Comment

Schizo - Book Review

Schizo   (Psychological thriller)  Authors : Aditya Mishra & Arya Shukla Pages : 177 "His mind remained entangled in th...